5.29.2003


I work in a very relaxed office. We have no public interaction except via telephone, and I usually run around barefoot or in my socks. Jeans, t-shirts, shorts, sandals are all acceptable. Sometimes, if the boss knows a big mucky-muck is coming to the office, she asks us to please dress nicely for the day, which is no hardship, since it gives all of us 12 women chances to say things like, "Oooh, I love that skirt, it's so flattering on you!"

Well, today is one of those days when we're all gussied up. When I was getting dressed this morning, I pulled on a new pair of black tights. Black skirt, black shoes, black tights, little green top, my husband said, "Oooh la la." Anyway, the tights felt quite comfy, and now I am realizing they felt comfy because they aren't tight enough. Guess I bought some that are too big. They are creeping down with each step I take, and since I move all over the office, I take lots of steps. It looks ridiculous, big saggy loose elephant-skin ankles. If I pull them up they stay up for about half an hour, and then they're droopy again. Droopy hose. Bah. Can's wait until those important people come & then leave so I can get rid of the stupid tights, run around with bare nekked leggies.