5.20.2003


Wild weekend and I don't even know what happened to Monday. Sunday was delicious and warm, and S & I walked a few nice miles down by the river & then had beer & lunch at a cool old brew pub downtown.
Saturday was hard and tempers were reflected in the tempestuous weather-- warm and still then breezy and cloudy, then stormy. It hailed and rained. And then the sun came out again. We had a beautiful girl come sing like an angel in the coffeehouse. S worked the counter with B, who just moved into the room above the coffeehouse. B liked it. He's from Chicago. He called all the women "sweetheart" and all the men "comrade" as he handed them their chai teas and lattes and cremosas.
It was a long night.


My dance instructor is doing a workshop at the school of ballet and then a performance at the coffeehouse on June 7, which happens to be my birthday. It will be the big three-oh for me. Funny but I still feel like I'm 23. I was a late bloomer. I can't think of a better way to spend it than to see Astryd dance.