9.29.2003

1. What is your name?
Sahalie is my nom de plume. I once had a boyfriend who called me Bill. My cousin calls me Mare, like a female horse. My Dad calls me Bird. I like it when waitresses call me Honey.

2. What color pants are you wearing right now? Black.

3. What are you listening to right now?
The phone ring in someone else’s office.
The Cure’s “Fire in Cairo” in my head. It’s silly when he spells it out.

4. What was the last thing you ate?
CLAM CHOWDAH. SAY IT!

5. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Some days Brick Red. Some days Sage Green. Today is a Brick Red kind of day. Roar.

6. Where (did you/do you plan to) go on your honeymoon?
We spent our three-day honeymoon in a little historic hotel in Placerville, CA the same January weekend that torrential rain closed the highway two miles east of us & we had hoped it meant we were stuck, but alas…
Of course I could be hopelessly sappy and say we’re still on our honeymoon…

7. How is the weather right now?
I am inside. Through the window it looks gray and lovely and I want to go run barefoot in the grass.

8. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
The head of the City of Coquille’s payroll department. Blah blah blah blah. Some mix-up or other. Not my fault.

9. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
The first thing I notice about anyone is posture.

10. Do you like the person that sent you this?
Nobody sent me this, I hijacked it from Clay Sail’s Panacylum.

11. How are you today?
I am always good except when I’m bad and then I’m better.

12. What is your favorite drink?
Tea made from the plants in my yard, especially green tea with spearmint, apple mint, & lavender, with just a touch of honey.
I also like pomegranate & rosewater Italian sodas.

13. What is your favorite alcoholic drink?
Red red wine. Except late at night I like Irish whiskey.

14. How do you eat an Oreo?
With milk. Reading a good book. On the couch with a cat curled next to me.

15. Favorite sport to watch?
Baseball. Not on television.

16. What's the next CD you're going to get?
Music finds me, not the other way around.

17. Hair color?
Blonde.

18. Eye color?
Blue with yellow around the irises.

19. Do you wear contacts?
No.

20. Favorite month?
October.

21. Favorite food?
Depends on the season. I like fresh food, and I like knowing where it all came from, especially meat. I like venison, and I like fresh fish. I'll try anything once. I could live on artichokes and mushrooms, salad greens and salmon.

22. Best job you ever had?
This one.

23. Do the dishes right away or leave them in the
sink?
Both. Either. Or.

24. Summer, winter, spring, or fall?
I like Autumn.

25. Is there Extraterrestrial life?
I think it’s possible but really I do not know. It’s not something with which I concern myself.

26. Hugs or kisses?
Yes.

27. Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla with cake, chocolate with fruit.

29. Who is least likely to respond?
To what, a poke in the belly?

30. Who is most likely to respond?
If I poke your belly you had better respond.

31. When is your birthday?
June.

32. Where and when was your last vacation?
This last weekend. A sweet little campsite on the Deschutes River.

33. What are your favorite things to do outside of
work?
Reading, writing, dancing, listening to live music, kissing my husband, laughing, looking at stars, hiking, drawing & painting, being barefoot, sleeping, talking to loved ones, singing silly songs, playing with dogs, eating good food with good friends, watching the seasons change, digging in the dirt… how about living in general?