9.24.2003

Worked last night with Jesi & R on our choreo and I am finally getting excited about it. The song is as old as the sand of Egypt; traditional strong drum in 8/8 time with an unobtrusive and amazingly melodic mizmar horn, which usually bugs the crap out of my western ears but not on this song.

The three of us all have slightly different body types, but people sometimes mistake me for R, who is the same height with similar features and hair almost the same length and color. Those who don't know us often ask if we're related, maybe... sisters? Which pleases us to no end. With Jesi in between us we look very balanced.

Jesi is a full head and shoulders taller than we are, and her hair is long and auburn. We're having much fun playing with the height differences.

The way we all move is complimentary, too; Jesi is long and loose, and dances with soft hypnotic motions, and R & I are crisp, certain, and technical in our moves. I know the end result will be very dramatic, and enjoyable to watch.

I love watching the mirror at one point where we all swing our hips in crescents first to the left then to the right; it's mesmerizing and I can see in my mind's eye how it will look when we all wear big long swinging skirts carrying the motion to the ground and back up again. Swirl like water.