9.18.2003

Intending to find a pair of jeans, or even some nice black or grey slacks, I tried on over 20 too-tight, too-loose, big-butt, no-butt, too-long, way-way-too-long, short, itchy, too-high-waisted, too-stylized, and generally uncomfortable pairs of pants. The Buffalo Exchange has very cool clothes, but sometimes nothing fits. No. Amend that to say, sometimes nothing fits me.

I did find one pair I debated about purchasing, but the final negation came when I took a few steps in them and realized they bunched up in the crotch. Uck.

Fine.

I gave up on fancy pants with acid stains, sequins, leather lacing, dragon painted on the left leg, frayed waistbands, and stylish holes, and instead looked at skirts.

There, nestled behind a godawful mustard-colored heavy wool thing, was the sexiest skirt EVER.

The skirt is black stretchy satin in a mermaid cut. The waist band drops to a point below my navel and the fabric tapers tight against my legs down to my knees, where it flares again to the floor. It is such the Morticia skirt, complete with a laughing skull on the tag inside. It makes me feel like the va-va-voom. And that’s always nice.

I wore it later to practice choreography with Jesi and R, and discovered happily that the stretchiness allows plenty of room for dancing.

Who needs uncomfortable jeans?