8.05.2003

Big thunderstorm about 4:30 this morning, shook me out of bed, rattled the windows, knocked the house around, big heavy rain flooded the yard. The devil rolled right on over with his chariot and what sounded like fifty black nightmares with flaring nostrils and flying hooves. The sky buckled and folded in on itself, everything eerily illuminated with great blinding streaks of lightning. Churning like the stormy ocean, great waves crashing against the earth.

Dogs barking car alarms blaring babies crying. S's cat ran in a circle in the middle of the room, tail all poofed out. My cat hid under the bed. Girl dog hid in the closet, boy dog glared at me because surely it was all my fault.

S got up and opened all the windows and doors, big freak that he is, then climbed back in bed. Scorching strobe of bright light count one, two BOOM! rumblerumble boom crackle I got up and closed all the windows and doors, little freak that I am, then climbed back in bed.

There was one point when there was no count between the lightning and the thunder, just the immense thudding rumbling roll of that great black chariot raging overhead. I do believe in praying at times like that.