8.01.2003

Oh sweet summertime. I am alive and in love and the sky is blue and I don't care why. It's cooler today, hooray. I'm happy because the best boss in the world said we all should go home at 1 o'clock, which means he wants to go somewhere wilder and he figures surely we all do, too.

I just want to go home, sit out on my lounge chair in the backyard, sipping iced tea watching dragonflies in the garden. This weekend is going to be busy; three dirty dogs need a bath, the kitchen and bathroom must be de-funkified, and the second bedroom needs to be prepared for my folks' visit this next week. Can't wait to see them, and I am happy they'll be able to see the coffeehouse before we close it at the end of August.
They'll also get to see Astryd dance with her band at Sam Bond's in the costume to which I'm adding beaded fringe. And they'll get to hear sweet little mouse-that-roared Andrea sing her heart out at our coffeehouse.

I love summertime. It's all about the love. Love has lots of elements to it... there's smiles and *blush* sex, there's that ba-da-bing feeling in your heart, there's deep water and madness and youthful vigor and patience mixed with wild howling. There's questions to ponder, excitement, fun, and creativity to cultivate. I know I'm not the first person to say love is all we need.