7.09.2003

The sky is straight up wide and blue.

People keep calling me to bitch and moan. Nobody has money, we're all broke here in Oregon.

When accountants and attorneys file bankruptcy and the Goodwill Store closes you know the economy is the shits.
Yeah and the sky is beautiful.
It's big and clean and an unbelievable blue.

Some people have older cars & trucks painted that bright blue. My high school boyfriend had a Chevy Luv with a long bed painted what he called "flamin' queer blue".
I don't remember looking at the sky much in those days.

It just got uglier and uglier with Mr Chevy Luv. Some people grow mean. Some people have to work at it. I developed some tough mean skin on my heart from that dead horse of a relationship but it's ten years gone and I'd probably say hello if I saw him now.

Probably the sky was never as blue as it is now.

Dance class last night was a small group of us & Astryd worked us hard. We did the regular stretches to limber up, and then she made us do strength and balance-building stretches before she had us grab our zills for the drills. Ching chicka ching chicka ching.
It's fun when there are only a few of us in that big studio. Really noisy, coin belts and finger cymbals, and everyone's pretty good so it's not unbearable. It's nice and big, so lots of room to move & play, all of us sliding from one side of the room to the next, around in a circle, stick that hip out, keep that posture straight, shoulders back, roll up from the knees keep your back flat and bring your chest up and over like you're setting it on a shelf, just so.

Some of those stretches really worked my thighs and my ass (MY AAAAASSS). All the better to shake it, baby.

Stopped on my way home and bought some fantastico Spanish wine to share with my sweet darling who did the dishes and some laundry ("Um, I did laundry. I didn't separate anything..." but thankfully I have eliminated all red clothes from our wardrobe for such wondrous occasions when he gets housework bees in his bonnet). We had a nice quiet evening sipping wine and folding socks.

And there was a cool breeze and a million stars.