7.08.2003

Chocolate cake for breakfast. Really thick heavy chocolate cake. It went well with coffee but good Lord there must have been a pound of butter in it. I think I just developed adult-onset diabetes.

In the office we find any excuse to take a break from work, and everyone gets a birthday party, complete with dessert.
So we had chocolate cake for breakfast.
Think I need a nap.

Never, ever ever ever buy wine that calls itself "red table wine" I don't care what other fancy en francais merde du bulls is written on the label, don't do it.
It might not taste like vinegar going down, but...
anyway.
Make sure it lists a place of origin, and a type of grape. Never buy anything from Lodi, California. And when in doubt, buy merlot.

So we spent the weekend with S's parents, who are very sweet people WHO TALK LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME because he's going deaf and she could've been an opera singer, big solid Scottish woman, would've kicked Brunhilda's ass. After they left S & I were quiet like mice all evening and really enjoyed the sound of the windchimes outside.

For the past four days I have eaten oodles of super-rich food, and with the chocolate cake this morning it wouldn't surprise me if I developed gout.

Salad tonight, oh yes. And dance class tonight, also. Motion is good.
And no cheap red table wine.