10.02.2003

I have been sleepy & dragging today, and while probably some of it is directly related to too much wine consumed last night, mostly it's because I haven't had any caffeine.

Usually I have a cup of tea in the morning, sometimes a cup of coffee, but I am the biggest coffee snob ever and only like it the way S makes it. The brown-colored water here at work is inappropriately called "coffee" by the three women who like to drink it with flavored creamer. Uck.

And even though it is available, I don't drink soda.

At this point I have assessed the situation, recognized my need for a stimulant in the form of a caffeinated beverage, and in taking stock of my predicament I notice someone drank the last of my jasmine green tea. This does not make me happy but it's sort of the antithesis of spilt milk. There's nothing can be done, now.

My choice for a perk is gut-rotting super-sweet and sticky soda, or throat-closing burnt-smelling hour-old coffee.

Maybe instead I will just take a nap right here behind my desk...