1.20.2006

How vague and embedded I’ll write when scrutinized. I don’t like how it feels like a long time gone, no amount of backtracking will turn up what’s lost. Disinspired to divulge, but I’ll tell you anyway.

Sad news but I’ve promised her I won’t be sad until she is all packed up and headed down that highway, destined for new adventures in new towns with new people-- JJ is moving to Maine in May.


Tomorrow, oh me oh my, all week I haven’t even thought about tomorrow. I have a dance class to teach. We’ll be building on what I taught them last week, pairing the moves together for combinations, doing some complex weight-shifts and movements.

Tomorrow afternoon I’m scheduled to perform at an assisted living home; I hope it goes well. Such things are always subject to forces beyond my control. Like last time the enraged fellow who started throwing his shoes and cussing at the top of his lungs, and the older lady who tried to steal the rings off my fingers. I won’t be alone; S will go with me & hopefully Shellybelly will be able to do her rawk-stah impersonation and wow them all again.


I’m wading through a sea of paperwork, a veritable ocean of orders and stipulations and objections and statements and claims and blah blah blah. My printer is working overtime and you would not believe the volume of mail I received this week. If I opened each envelope and poked the folds out of each letter and spread the pages out on the floor I bet you I could cover a football field. I’ll admit I’m often given to exaggeration but this time… okay maybe half a football field. Enough paper pulp to heat the house for the entire winter. I filled two big boxes with the multitude of duplicated copies, and so much for going paperless, now it just means we receive everything in triplicate.

The legal assistant at an attorney’s office I call regularly because she makes errors in paperwork confided to me she cringes when I call because she knows she’s made a mistake. So I called her today because she did it all right and I told her thank you. She sounded so grateful. I called her on line 2, which I know is bugged, and I sure hope those buggers got a nice happy earful of her shrill “OoooooH! Aren’t you SWEEEEEET!! I'm REALLY trying to be more CAREful!!!” This woman has the resonating vocal abilities of a blue whale.


I’m going home an hour early, damnit. But first I'm going to meet a sweet handsome man at a cafe, and convince him without too much effort to buy me a steamy creamy drink, and then I'll burn my tongue. I always do. This is the way of the world.