12.28.2005

I found a box in the garage labeled “Good Intentions” and opened the lid to reveal all sorts of bricks and cobbles and pavement stones. Are my intentions bad if I haven’t been working on that road? So that was Christmas, peace on earth good will towards men and by the way, fuck those “happy Holidayers.” Boyo what a wonderful attitude. How can we possibly argue it’s keeping Christ in Christmas when the first question any one asks after the day is What did you get? Seems to me something is m-i-s-s-i-n-g but what do I know, once again I failed to send out greeting cards. Burn it all, I say.


Know what I hate? The wretched little media-skews, the ones that make people actually pontificate about whether it should be “French fries” or “Merry Christmas” and all the pseudo-important dispute of nomencogs and that’s not a real word but whatthefuckever. These ridiculous premises are considered grounds for “safe” arguments, discussions unlikely to turn violent, but my my, don’t people have their hackles up more than usual?


I feel like we’re all observed-- hey watch the masses; look what they buy when we play this commercial during this sports event; and watch them argue Chevy or Ford or if feta is better than cheddar. So easy to divide and conquer, I imagine a roomful of mean-spirited sonsabitches sniggering in their coat sleeves like they did as snot-nosed kids when they’d trap a yellow jacket and a black widow together in a jar and then shake it.


I’m curious for how many how much of a day is occupied by considering the riotous babel of some over-paid smug politico asshole with a balding-but-airbrushed pate who thinks he’s hilarious? Corporate interests consider us only as cogs in the machine or grist in the grind, and frankly my dear I want nothing to do with such machinations.


Probably I’m behind the times on this because I buy most clothes second-hand but I think one of the most important innovative changes in 2005 are the different types of tags in clothing. Yes the tags are still there, but they’re actually printed on the cloth, or else they’re strategically placed, and made of soft material instead of that nasty itchy interfacing, so that I’m not inclined to take a scissors to the shirt. Shit isn’t that a sad thing of note, I can’t think of anything better that has happened in the cosmopolite world this year?