5.21.2004

I want a big bed baby a super huge bed a firm soft bed so big we can play hide & seek and never leave the room. Big enough so there's no issue of "your side" and "my side" it's all just common ground. I want a bed with a horizon just for us.



Tonight I perform at a pizza parlor, oh yippee skippy.

Well I suppose it's a nice pizza place, inside an historic downtown building and it shares space with one of the best coffee shops in town. It has big high ceilings and plush couches and a polished cement floor that is streaked with metallic blue so it looks like the river meandering through the pretty pastoral murals painted on the walls. They serve good pizza with local microbrew beer or wine. I just can't get over the notion of dancing a gypsy song while the smells of pepperoni pizza waft through the crowd.

The song I picked is short and not very sweet. Big heavy drums and a snakey mizmar horn and S told me last night when I practiced don't bother smiling because it's not happy joy joy music. Not every performance has to include big smiles. Not even if it's in a pizza place.


Tomorrow after dance class I get to tackle the absolute biggest mound of laundry ever. It's as tall as me. At least "laundry" no longer involves boiling water over a wood fire and scrubbing the cloth on a washboard... if it did I think I'd just be a nudey.

Have a good weekend.