10.01.2004

We watched the debate last night sipping wine on JJ's bed. She cooked beans and rice and we provided meat for burritos, and then the neighbors came over with homemade split pea soup, and cole slaw that went great with the burritos.
And we drank red red red red red red wine.

I had my doubts about voting for Kerry, but watching him last night made it an easier decision. I thought Bush behaved like a petulent little boy, who thinks he's a lot cuter than he is. Someone, somewhere kept track of how many times he said secure, and freedom, and hard work, and mixed-messages, and simple, and all those other over-used buzz words, the meanings of which many people seem to have forgotten. Me, I just kept track of how many questions he provided a succinct clear answer to, and found none untainted with digression into safe territory of buzz clips and phrases repeated ad nauseum.

Whatever. Differences between candidates aside, political agendas are all the same. I pay them nevermind most of the time.


Tomorrow morning begins my class; I reviewed my lesson plans and went through the stretch routine just to remind myself that I have to go slow, that some of the women in my class are older, and not as nimble. I will work their asses, but I'll be gentle about it.

After class, S & I have a rendez-vous with JJ in the mountains in the woods, a little cabin by a big blue glacier-fed cauldron lake, other friends and dogs too. It promises to be cold, with much food and laughter. I hope it is clear, so we can see the stars reflected in the lake's still waters, and dream of heaven on earth.

Have a delightful weekend.