2.12.2004

Have a great weekend, everyone. I'll be back on Tuesday.

I've been working on one of those "100 things" lists but forgot to number them.
Such is life.

Not quite 100 random Sahalie facts:

My emotions rarely get the better of me. I'm one of the psychologically most well-balance people I know.

I will contradict myself.

Four is the number of times people have gotten me with that "You know 'gullible' isn't in the dictionary?" Yeah. It's not funny.

Red wine is my drink of choice.

I can ride a horse.

Ten years ago I was much wilder than I am now, but not nearly as sexy.

I have found true love and peace in my heart. I want to be good.

I once rode on the back of a hard-tail Harley behind a biker named Dead at 100 miles per hour headed west towards the setting sun.

I married the best man.

When I shop for clothes it's always in second-hand stores. I cannot justify spending $70 on jeans if I can purchase the same pair for $3.

I can shoulder shimmy like you wouldn't believe.

As a child I got stuck with my Mom at the top of the ferris wheel for a long time. I felt ill and puked and as we watched the vomit fall my Mom yelled, "Bombs away!" Which made me forget about being sick. My Mom doesn't remember this incident.

I didn't have breasts until I was 18. Didn't even bother stuffing my bra. What would have been the point?

I didn't have a butt until I was 25. I still fit into the jeans I wore in high school. Except now I have a butt.

My husband tells me I have a bite-able tummy.

I teach a beginning Middle Eastern dance class through the local community college.

Sometimes I forget about gravity.

I've seen a ram get a cattle prod shoved up its ass to make it ejaculate. I'm very good at imitating sheep noises and will sometimes do so in crowds.

You know me. I was the sickly scrawny knobby-kneed little bespectacled girl who sat in the back of the class. I was friends with everyone.

I've kissed a sea lion, ridden a camel, felt a cheetah's fur, and held a hunting falcon.

One time a horse named Blue trampled me. He didn't mean to and was very embarrassed about it.

I am a mimic.

My face is one of those "Hey don't I know you?" faces. People always tell me I look like someone they know.

I've never broken a bone in my body. I have no piercings. No tattoos. Only one tiny scar on the corner of my lower lip from when I was four.

I played piccolo in the high school marching band. I hated it. The uniform had this big fucking "A" on the chest.

I have straight long naturally blond hair. It's long enough to tuck into the waist band of my low-rise jeans. No I don't dye it, I don't bleach it, I just wash it daily and it's lucky if it gets brushed. It is so straight it doesn't get tangled. Thanks Mom.

I can kick above my head.

When I went crazy for a year I laughed all the time.

No one has ever called me a bitch except for my ex-boyfriend. It was one of about a hundred names he called me. I dumped his sorry ass.

My parents were both high school teachers. They're still in love with each other.

I love my in-laws.

When we got married four months after we met, people asked if I were pregnant. I wasn't.

I have little patience for stupidity, forced laughter, or snobbery.

My first college roommates were a lesbian couple from Paris, Texas who hogged the bathroom.

I never wear a watch.

My husband said the first thing he noticed about me were my pointy teeth.

I have a big garden.

I'm happy.

My eyes are blue with yellow around the iris.

I often don't wear any make-up.

When we were married we lived in a shotgun shack in a California cornfield. We moved to a pump house in the Oregon coast range. It was a big improvement.

The Davis received degree English of I from Bachelor University of California the Arts... Thank God I can run a ten-key.

I prefer "manual" to "automatic" in just about everything.

I believe in God. I do not believe in organized religions.