3.26.2003

Went walking at noon. The sun was out and the sky was bright, some big clouds. Halfway across the bike bridge that spans the river the sky grew dark. It spat a bit, little wispy trails of water hardly worthy of the title rain, and I thought, "AH, SPRING!" Not cold, nice for walking. Ducks and the river rolling, sounds of a distant train. Smells of magnolia trees and cherry blossoms. Nice.

But then it started to hail.
It made me laugh. My rain coat kept me dry, but my pants were soaking wet in a matter of seconds and I got hail chunks in my shoes. Worse than pea-gravel because they melted right away, made my socks soggy.
As soon as it started, it ended.
Now the sun is out again and there is a rainbow to the north.

Made me curious. I understand the recent sandstorm in Iraq, which is partly to blame for the US soldiers' failure to advance closer to Baghdad in the past two days, was the biggest sandstorm EVER.

I thought God was on our side.
I will shut up now.