11.08.2005

An inhalation and eye flutter Oh hello. I must have been away. Feel like I’ve been asleep and now I’ve awoken I can’t remember where I am. Interesting phenomenon, the cleavage point of dream and memory. The point that is not really there. Diamonds, those hardest of elements made of the same stuff as we, have such hard cleavage points it is possible to break them and in fact if a diamond falls out of a setting it is probably due to a cloven stone, not that I know from experience because I won’t wear them, I think they’re bad luck, and how unlucky for you it sure has been a while since I’ve entertained run-ons.

November’s cool slow nip and tease, I went a walking and passed an unhappy pine tree, miserably bleeding sap the whole length of his trunk. Some insect infestation or disease or something signifying an impending fall. It smelled wonderful, though, and cleared my head, made my fingers tingle and I found myself unhurried, a shift of burdens.



Dancing has filled the days between then and now. I’m a busy girl. On a beach last summer in Humboldt I felt an epiphany as the sun sank to the waters and I could see the stars wink through indigo clouds. I watched those huge waves while walking in the cold soft sand, wind chilling me to the bone, and so much about bodies in motion made sense. All the muscles and joints and ankle-knee-hip-spine-ribs-shoulder-neck felt balanced and working as designed and I thought, Oh Lord, you made us to walk softly. And Oh Lord, we prefer the hard road.



Walk like you’re on cold wet sand and you can feel the pounding waves in the soles of your feet and there’s no other soul for miles.